Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Surgery Tuesday

Sorry for the delay in posting, as a family we were trying to make decisions last night and I was extra tired when I got home - The PET scan also came back clear of any cancers in other parts of the body. Great news, but they still believe the brain tumors are coming from another source in the body. Moving forward with the original plan to to have surgery to remove the left tumor and send it to biopsy to hopefully identify cell type/diagnosis.


Dad's Crainiotomy (brain surgery) is scheduled for Tuesday. If anything changes with this date/plan, I will let everyone know. In the meantime, prayers prayers prayers...and positive encouragement too. It's going to be a long week next week, but I personally am ready to get this surgery behind us and move forward.


Thank you all again for the support


Also, a few of us who are new to blogspot (or to blogging in general - me included). Here is a little clarity re: how to post a comment:
-Click # comments below this post
-Select "Anonymous" and just include your name at the end of your post (much easier than creating a profile)
-Click Post Comment


Thanks again to all of you for taking time to post comments - Dad has already really enjoyed reading them and I truly believe it is making a big difference in keeping him positive and motivated!

11 comments:

  1. Hey Strieker Fam!! Just wanted to drop a note to send our "well wishes" to everyone. Keep your chins up! You are a wonderful support system for each other and then you have that little sparkle, named Canaan that makes the whole world seem right...hold onto that sparkle, it will get you through this tunnel.

    We are keeping you all in our thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To a Special Family,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with your family during this difficult time.
    Paul,Martha Richter & Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Its Jessica. Glad to hear the PET scan came back clear, but hope they find that source soon and rid it! Although we have always had the aunts, uncles, and cousins part in our prayers, we added a special little spot at the end for you and the fam;) Truly believe in the power of prayer! We think of you often, and very glad we have the blog to keep in touch! Love you all

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anybody can kick this, Earl, we know it's you! We are all rooting for you! You have a wonderful support group in your family. It's heart warming to read the blogs already out there. With all the prayers going up for you that cancer doesn't have a chance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Strieker, I have never met you but have heard wonderful things about you as I have become close friends with After over the past couple years. I wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers every day. Praying and thinking of you and your family! You have such a wonderful and beautiful family that I have been blessed to get to know. Stay strong and know that we are all here for you. Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Earl Bonnie and family...you all are in our prayers!! Reading the blog and the comments by aften and personal dealings with you,earl, all say the same thing!!! Earl..you are just stubborn enough to kick this right in the "ass"!! I'm glad you listened!!!:)) you have my number if anything is needed!! Again, prayers are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earl the Pearl...
    Before you go to the hospital...Remember to drink plenty of fluids.. You never know when Nurse Goodbody will show up to check you dip stick.
    Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earl,
    you and your family are very special to us and I know that together you will all get through this very difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers will be with you next Tuesday. In the meantime, please do not hesitate to call should you need anything at all.
    Love,
    The Woodruff's

    ReplyDelete
  9. scott and i will keep your family in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Earl, Bonnie & Family: Saw Aften's post last week and being the Greenie I am, did not know what to do w/ it.so I sent Bonnie a message. Today, thanks to my teacher Cheryl I realized he was having surgery tomorrow. So happy I knew that because the best fix is prayer power (I know that well from personal experience) I promise to join in w/ all your supporters, Earl. You are a champ and we love you. Harold & Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI EARL BONNIE AND FAM, GOOD TO HEAR THE 1ST PART OF THIS JOURNAY WENT WELL, WE ARE THINKING AND PRAYING FOR YOU ALL. TELL EARL I LIKED HIS HALLOWEEN IDEA, IM THINKING HE COULD HAVE BEEN MY NEW SHOWROOM DISPLAY!!! GODS SPEED TO RECOVERY CARL & GERI

    ReplyDelete