Hi, I'm Aften - Earl's favorite daughter (don't tell Ariel). I'm not a blogger, but decided to put this together 1. To help myself get through this process (selfish I know) 2. To provide a central outlet for information, prayers, encouraging thoughts, jokes and comments (make a few of them sarcastic too - you know how dad likes to BS) and 3. Because I know dad is going to love reading this one day as we look back on this time and say...yeah, that was scary,but you kicked some serious cancer ass!
Friday, July 19, 2013
ICU
About the same this AM - Dad was moved to the medical ICU in the CAM building (8th floor). They ruled out blood clots last night and at this point believe its an infection that has gone septic. Consulting with the neurosurgery team this am to see if its ok to do a spinal tap to check for infection around the brain (even though the brain CT looked good). Dad is able to open his eyes some and softly say a couple words but is really weak. Continuing the broad spectrum IV antibiotics for now as the plan. Thanks for the continued payers and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteJon and Karen Osborn
Thinking of you and will keep all of you in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteAl and Jeanette
Prayers and thoughts to all of you.
ReplyDeletePatti and Marvin Eversgerd
All our prayers are with all of you. Frank & Mandy
ReplyDelete