Dad felt really dizzy when he got up this morning and he passed out while walking in his room. They've confirmed now that he has a series of blood clots (common for people with cancer) in his lungs and that he actually probably did not have a heart attack, instead his heart episode was likely strain on his heart as a result of the lung clots. He has been on clot prevention medicine since he got admitted to Barnes, so that's good but need to watch closely for brain bleeding. They are moving him to the ICU today as soon as they have a bed open, so they can monitor him closely today - more to come after he moves to the ICU and the doctors access...
prayer prayers prayers
Praying for you Earl that they can monitor everything in the ICU and that you get back on the road to recovery soon! Thinking of your whole family, keep the updates coming Aften!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Earl! Yesterday Ariel sent me a text message of a picture from me in the Ozarks on the Big Mable where I was screaming and I looked quite hilarious. She said you sent it to her from the hopsital and asked her to put it on Facebook, I about died of laughter when I read that. Always making jokes and being funny of course :) Thinking of all the Strieker's today and praying you have a speedy recovery Earl!
ReplyDeleteLove, Carly
You will all be in our thoughts and prayers. These setbacks are hard to deal with but makes you stronger and I have no doubt with your determination, sense of humor and support you will bounce back and be ready to play with that cute little grandson of yours soon.
ReplyDeleteLarry and Di
You've got this earl. Just another bump. I prayed so hard today that I think God might be annoyed with me!! Lol!! Wish I was there w u guys. But I am there in spirit. All I need is any price of good news to hang onto an mom and tuna have been giving me that. Love u guys so so much!
ReplyDeleteLots and lots and lots of prayers headed to you Earl and your family. You have proven in so many ways as to how strong you are and I know you won't stop now. Keep up the amazing fight and get home soon, where you belong. Thank you also to Aften for these amazing blog posts - so good of you to do this for your dad and I love seeing the pics of Caanan too.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes,
Jennifer (Kohrmann) Budde
Earl and family,
ReplyDeleteI am thinking and praying for you all! Stay strong and keep helping each other. You all together can make good things happen!
Brenda W.