I'm a little delayed to post, but I have to write one more Thank you. It's been a really emotional two weeks and I think we're still trying to process all that has happened. Some minutes are really hard and not a day.. hour goes by that I don't think about him, but we're doing OK one day at a time...thanks once again to the help of our amazing support system.
Over 1,000 people attended my Dad's wake and funeral last weekend...over 1,000!? Some traveling across states to attend...wow...it was such an amazing tribute to the great life he lived and shared with so many of you and we really appreciate you taking the time and making the trip. Although there were lots of tears, there were also some great memories shared. The one positive out of this whole experience is that I've/we've had the opportunity to spend time with family and get to know the best of friends...we've even adopted a (crazy) new grandma! :) I'm hopeful the closeness of those relationships never fade... I know Mom needs them more than ever, we all do.
In addition to the amazing attendance last weekend, I also want to say thank you for all of the cards, prayers, messages, meals, gifts and well wishes we've received...once again we are in awe, .and appreciate the thoughtfulness, generosity and kindness more than you will ever know. THANK YOU..I've said it a million times, but we wouldn't make it through the days some days without your ongoing and unconditional support.
No comments:
Post a Comment