Sunday, August 26, 2012

Transfer to Barnes

Not much of an update - Dad is still in Breese hospital..pain continues to return even with IV rounds of pain management. The doctors and team here are so great - they are working on coordinating a transfer to Barnes in the am (versus Dad setting up appoints to see the various team of people-oncology, pain management, neuro surgery) this way hopefully he will be able to rest with pain management in Breese today (pointless to go to Barnes on a weekend when his Drs aren't there) and get priority to be seen if he is transferred/admitted to Branes in the am. The MRI dad had on Friday is still being evaluated..hoping we will get more answers in the am...prayers for some answers and a solution to help with the pain.

On a different but very important note, it's Mom's birthday tomorrow. It would mean a lot for her to see encouraging/positive comments on here or to receive texts/calls or cards in the mail. She has not been able to keep up with Facebook, so the blog, phone or mail is the best route to reach her. I've included her cell phone and mailing address below - thanks again for all of the continued support. Keep the prayers coming - we need them.

618-210-5262
10745 Buckingham court
Breese, IL 62230

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Bunns!! Earl I hope you are resting pain free this morning-Hope you get some good answers at Barnes over the next few days! Hurry and get feeling better so we can celebrate the Bunns' birthday- I hear another good steak calling your name!!! Love the McKees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Mrs. Strieker! I'm a friend of Aften's and just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday and to tell you I think of you all often and hope you are able to do something special to celebrate your birthday! Mindy Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of all of you. Hoping the pain is getting better. Think of you frequently and sending hugs and prayers. Bonnie I know with Earl feeling the way he is you are not probably enjoying your birthday but hope you take time to relax and enjoy some cake or a drink. If anything we can help with let us know but sounds like you have a great support team. With that much love how can you not get better Earl.
    Larry & Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been praying for Earl for the last couple of months. I am so glad you are doing this it really helps to focus prayers. I hope Bonnie has a good birthday with happpiness from her loving family. Pam Palme

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie & Earl Happy B-day Bon We hope you are feeling better. We will keep praying for things to improve. Bon if you need help with something please ask. Love Brian, Linda,& boys

    ReplyDelete
  6. Birthday wishes for our former good neighbor! Even when life seems to be spinning all kinds of plates in the air at one time, it's right and proper to celebrate the annual spinning of the Earth around the sun on a day that commemorates the birth of such a beautiful soul. Here's to good times, good news, good friends and good people on their birthdays! Mary and I wish you and your family the best and want you to know you are all thought of often and fondly. Prayers will continue ad lib. Happy birthday, Bonnie!--Rick and Mary

    ReplyDelete