Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mom Update

Well, I just got home from bringing Mom home - yes, you read right, home. After running all of her tests today, they 'just realized' one of the medications she is on needs to be stopped three days prior to completing the procedure, so the procedure has been rescheduled to next Tuesday instead of tomorrow...of course this is right after we figured out coverage and I missed a meeting tonight and rescheduled two meetings from tomorrow to what day? yep, yep, next Tuesday.... grr what a roller coaster, but trying to focus on what we can control and not get upset about what we can't. Still just trying to take one day (I mean hour some days) at a time.

Although very weak, Dad seemed to be feeling ok when I dropped Mom off at home. pray his blood test levels are improved when he's re-tested tomorrow am.

Sorry if you called or texted and I did not call/text back yet - it was just a really hectic day trying to finish all I needed to at work after being out and get to the hospital on time.

Big thanks to family and friends who dropped their plans over the last couple of days to bring Mom and Dad to appointments and hospitals and/or who have checked in or helped Dad with his shots/medications...and thank you to all who offered to help and I haven't been able to call or text back today.

Also thanks again for all of the prayers, comments and thoughts - not sure how we'd get through weeks like this without all of you.

...time for bed - I.am.exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. Aften, you commented earlier about how it doesn't seem like you would be going through this now with as young as your parents are (& I agree!) and it reminded me of a quote I'd like to share:
    And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about. ~Haruki Murakami~
    In the meantime, may all of you feel the strength of the love & prayers being sent your way and may it help support you during your storm.

    ReplyDelete